| Online Programs
Online TESOL Diploma Program (120 hours)
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Abroad
You can Register online for this program.
|ATC TESOL Diploma Sample
- 1. Receive Canadian training and certification to teach English abroad!
- 2. Study online from any city in the world with internet access and a computer, tablet, or mobile phone.
- 3. Enjoy studying online independently with a flexible schedule convenient for busy students and professionals.
- 4. Set your own daily study schedule and submit assignments once per week.
- 5. Gain practical tools to teach English with skill and confidence.
- 1. Unlimited 24-hour access to your program on an online Moodle-based web platform.
- 2. Program content in text and video format for deeper learning.
- 3. Personal instructor assessing your progress, marking your weekly assignments, and giving you written feedback.
- 4. Your diploma, transcript, and graduation letter mailed to you by international post upon graduation.
- 5. The digital scans of your graduate documents uploaded to ATC website's Credential Verification portal.
- 6. TESOL Practicum (Optional): You can choose if you want to do a practicum or not after completing your coursework.
The online TESOL Diploma program, approximately 120 hours of study, is designed for international students and Canadians who want to receive training and become certified to teach English abroad in non-English speaking countries. It offers students the opportunity to study independently with 24-hour access to an online platform and assignments that they submit to their instructor once per week for marking and feedback. Most students complete the program in 8 weeks (students have the option of studying at a faster pace). It focuses on the communicative approach and covers teaching principles, methodology, and practical teaching techniques. Graduates receive ATC's internationally recognized 120-hour TESOL diploma. This program is approved by KRIVET (Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education and Training) for CEI License level 2.
At the end of this course, you are expected to be able to:
- Have an overview of teaching methodologies from the past to the present.
- Have a deep understanding of how to teach speaking, listening, reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation.
- Be able to design detailed and dynamic ESL lesson plans suitable for various levels.
- Have basic tools and techniques for classroom management and dealing with unexpected situations.
Online 120-hour TESOL Diploma Program
This program is made of 3 courses:
Course 1. Essential Teacher Knowledge: Introduces the student to various areas of ESL teacher training.
Course 2. Learning Teaching: Guides the student to go more deeply into the main areas of ESL teacher training.
Course 3. Videos: Allows the student to visually review the main areas of ESL teacher training.
Course 1: Essential Teacher Knowledge
Section A: Language
Section B: Background to Language Teaching Methodology
Section C: Teaching Language and Language Skills
Course 2: Learning Teaching
Section 1: Planning Lessons and Courses
Section 2: Speaking
Section 3: Receptive Skills: Listening and Reading
Section 4: Writing
Course 3: Videos
Video 1: Enhancing Instruction with Visuals
Video 2: Developing Listening Skills
Video 3: Developing Reading Skills
Video 4: Developing Writing Skills
Video 5: Vocabulary
Video 6: Teaching Grammar Communicatively
The 20-hour practicum is optional (you can choose if you want to do a practicum or not). Online students who want to do a practicum are responsible for finding their own practicum placement at a nearby school in their country. ATC Students who are working as ESL teachers under supervision in a school setting can apply to have their teaching hours counted as the equivalent to the 20-hour practicum.
Schedule and Fees
Tuition Fee: $795 CAD
Promotion: $595 CAD (July 2021)
Can be paid in 2 equal installments:
Before Start date:$297.50 CAD
After 4 weeks: $297.50 CAD
Duration: Approximately 120 hours. Most students complete the program in 8 weeks (students have the option of studying at a faster pace).
Native speakers of English: Completion of high school.
International Students: One of the following:
1. Pass ATC's Free Online English Test or
2. Completion of High Intermediate level of English or
2. Completion of an undergraduate degree from an English-speaking university or
3. IELTS 6.5 or
4. TOEFL iBT 80 or
5. TOEIC 750
You can start this program any Monday.
Test your English
To find out if this program is suitable for your level, take our Free Online English Test. Upon completing this 30-minute test, you will receive automatic feedback and your mark. If you pass the test, we will send you an e-mail with a list of suitable programs for your level.
You can register online to apply for this program.
* All fees are in Canadian dollars.