| Online Programs
Online TEC - Teaching English to Children Diploma (120 hrs)
Teaching English to Children Abroad
Tuition: $795 DAD
Take our Free Online English Test to find out if this program is suitable for your level.
You can Register online for this program.
ATC TEC Diploma Sample
- 1. Receive Canadian training and certification to teach English to children abroad!
- 2. Study online from any city in the world with internet access and a computer, tablet, or mobile phone.
- 3. Enjoy studying online independently with a flexible schedule convenient for busy students and professionals.
- 4. Set your own daily study schedule and submit assignments once per week.
- 5. Gain practical tools to teach English to children with skill and confidence.
- 1. Unlimited 24-hour access to your program on an online Moodle-based web platform.
- 2. Program content in text and video format for deeper learning.
- 3. Personal instructor assessing your progress, marking your weekly assignments, and giving you written feedback.
- 4. Your diploma, transcript, and graduation letter mailed to you by international post upon graduation.
- 5. The digital scans of your graduate documents uploaded to ATC website's Credential Verification portal.
- 6. TESOL Practicum (Optional): You can choose if you want to do a practicum or not after completing your coursework.
The online TEC - Teaching English to Children Diploma program, approximately 120 hours of study, is designed for motivated international students and Canadians who want to receive training and become certified to teach English to children abroad in non-English speaking countries. It offers students the opportunity to study independently with 24-hour access to an online platform and assignments that they submit to their instructor once per week for marking and feedback. Most students complete the program in 9 weeks (students have the option of studying at a faster pace). Graduates receive ATC's internationally recognized 120-hour TEC - Teaching English to Children diploma.
At the end of this course, you are expected to:
- Develop an overview of TEC - Teaching English to Children.
- Have a basic understanding of how to teach children the four English communication skills of speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
- Have a basic understanding of lesson plans for teaching English to children.
- Have basic tools and techniques for classroom management and dealing with unexpected situations.
Online 120-hour TEC - Teaching English to Children Diploma Program
This program is made of 3 courses:
Course 1. Essential Teacher Knowledge: Introduces the student to various areas of ESL teacher training.
Course 2. Teaching English to Chlidren: Guides the student to go more deeply into the main areas of teaching English to children.
Course 3. Videos: Allows the student to visually review the main areas of teaching English to children.
Course 1: Essential Teacher Knowledge
Section A: Language
Section B: Background to Language Teaching Methodology
Section C: Teaching Language and Language Skills
Course 2: Teaching English to Chlidren
Chapter 1: The Young Language Learner
Chapter 2: Class Management and Atmosphere
Chapter 3: Teaching Listening
Chapter 4: Teaching Oral Work
Chapter 5: Teaching Reading
Chapter 6: Teaching Writing
Chapter 7: Topic-based Work
Chapter 8: Planning
Chapter 9: Tools
Course 3: Videos
Video 1: How to teach English to very young children with stories
Video 2: How to teach English to very young children with songs
Video 3: How to develop very young children's literacy with phonics
Video 4: Multi-sensory vocabulary drilling
Video 5: Chants
Video 6: From chants to creative language games
The above outline may be updated to improve the program.
Online TEC Practicum (Optional)
The 20-hour practicum is optional (you can choose if you want to do a practicum or not). Online students who want to do a practicum are responsible for finding their own practicum placement at a nearby school in their country. ATC Students who are working as ESL teachers of children (5 to 11 years old) under supervision in a school setting can apply to have their teaching hours counted as the equivalent to the 20-hour practicum.
Schedule and Fees
Tuition Fee:$795 CAD
Promotion Price: $595 CAD (July 2021)
Can be paid in 2 equal installments:
Before Start date:$297.50 CAD
After 4 weeks: $297.50 CAD
Duration: Approximately 120 hours. Most students complete the program in 9 weeks (students have the option of studying at a faster pace).
Native speakers of English: 18 years of age or older and completion of high school.
International Students: 18 years of age or older and one of the following:
1. Pass ATC's Free Online English Test or
2. Completion of High Intermediate level of English or
2. Completion of an undergraduate degree from an English-speaking university or
3. IELTS 6.5 or
4. TOEFL iBT 80 or
5. TOEIC 750
You can start this program any Monday.
To find out if this program is suitable for your level, take our Free Online English Test. After completing this 30-minute test, you will receive automatic feedback and your mark. If you pass the test, we will send you an e-mail with a list of suitable programs for your level.
You can register online to apply for this program.