Online Medical English
100-hour Certificate Program
Duration: 100 hours online
Level: High Intermediate to Advanced
Start date: Any Monday
Tuition: $299 CAD
You can Register online for this program.
- Why Study Online Medical English?
- What Your Program Includes?
- Program Description
- Schedule / Fees
- Admission Requirements
- Start Dates
- Test Your English
- 1. Start your journey of learning online Medical English and build your career today!
- 2. Gain confidence using English for professional work in Health-related fields.
- 3. Study from any city in the world at your own pace.
- 4. Repeat any section of the course you wish and learn more deeply.
- 1. Unlimited access to module-based online interactive software with the latest technology for the duration of your program.
- 2. Personal instructor assessing your progressand supporting you with any questions you may have.
- 3. Your original printed Certification mailed to you by international post upon successful completion of all program modules, assignments, and assessments.
This program aims at developing the listening and speaking skills necessary to communicate in a health-related context. There is an emphasis on vocabulary, both academic and specific medical terminology. The program is made of 4 modules.
A focus on general communication. At the end of this module, learners are expected to have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Introduce themselves and a 3rd person.
- Use the telephone.
- Ask for and give directions.
- Express likes and dislikes.
- Ask for personal information.
A focus on taking a patient’s history. At the end of this module, learners are expected to have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Express certainty and ask for clarification.
- Ask questions to find out about a patient’s complaint.
- Ask about pain and discuss the type and intensity of it.
- Ask about family and social behaviours.
A focus on examination and diagnosis. At the end of this module, learners are expected to have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Give reassurance.
- Explain the consequence of an action.
- Express degree of possibility.
- Give instructions.
- Use language and abbreviations associated with prescribing medication.
A focus on procedures and treatments. At the end of this module, learners are expected to have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Ask for and give an opinion
- Discuss an opinion to make a decision.
- Ask for more detailed information.
Schedule and Fees
Tuition Fee: $299 CAD
100 hours of study approximately
30 Days access to the interactive software (students can study at a faster pace if they wish).
This program can be extended. After 30 days of study, if a student needs more time to study, this program can be extended for a fee of $50 CAD / 30 Days.
This program is suitable for students with a High Intermediate to High Advanced level of English.
You can start this program any Monday.
To find out if this program is suitable for your level, take our Free Online English Test. After completing this 25-minute test, you will receive an automatic e-mail with your score results. We will then send you another e-mail with a list of suitable programs for your level.
You can register online to apply for this program.
* All fees are in Canadian dollars.